21.6.11

Health & Hygiene Interactive Chart

Health and Hygiene Interactive Chart
My daughters first theme after school started was on Health and Hygiene.Actually its optional to take charts on the theme to class but since my little one likes to take something from home we made a fully interactive chart on the topic.I made use of techniques used in making interactive cards for this Health and Hygiene Chart.


Health Hygiene Chart
To depict exercise we stuck various stickers and made a slider mechanism of Tweety cycling to and fro.Here is the tutorial for the slider mechanism:Slider Card tutorial
Exercise Sliding Mechanism
Its quite easy to make this sliding mechanism
Exercise Sliding Mechanism
For bathing I made a apertures on the chart for the raindrops.On pulling the tab down, the colour changes to give an appearance of water falling!
Shower Interactive Chart
Its a big deal to get a toddler to brush teeth and I still have to be after my daughter to do a good job!I made this slider mechanism by making a sleeve for the tooth brush to slide back and forth.The handle at the end acts as a stopper for the sliding mechanism.
Brushing Slider Mechanism

Brushing Slider Mechanism
 There were many images for " Wash your hands" and I incorporated them in the waterfall card mechanism.I got the images from Sparklebox
Waterfall Card Mechanism
The waterfall mechanism gets such a wow  and its rather easy to make for school projects such as this health chart school project.
Waterfall Card Mechanism
If you need to showcase a couple of key photos an interactive mechanism such as a waterfall card is rather impressive!
Waterfall Card Mechanism
Here is the tutorial for the waterfall mechanism: Waterfall card tutorial
Waterfall Card Mechanism

Waterfall Card Mechanism
My daughter was thrilled with this waterfall mechanism and I was rewarded for the effort when her teacher wanted to know how one was made!
Here are some more examples of the waterfall cards
I also put in a real syringe to depict vaccination and we put in Superman to show that you become strong like superman!
Health and Hygiene Interactive Chart
I hope some of these ideas come in useful when you want to make a chart for your kids! Do write your comments.

41 comments:

  1. Doc... Hats off to you... Your a genius...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. y r u a doctor ??u should have been a teacher !!u rock !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Khushboo you have put a big smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Romina
    Actually I like teaching too as you can see from the tutorials I try to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr Sonia, this is awesome!! It would be great for our county youth fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! doc thi super kewl!!! Prisha has a super mom!! Kudos to all the hardwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is one of the most creative things I've seen! So amazingly awesome!! LOVE it :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing doc !
    you rock

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most amazing chart I have ever seen. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an innovative way to teach! This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...its awesome... once my daughter will start going to school..definitely will take your help...Hope you wont mind..

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!!This is so amazzzzzzzzzingggg!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow ur ideas are always so cool ur daughter must have been so proud to show this in her class.kudos to u for being a super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really creative...reminded me of my school days..

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing work,u really rock doc

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You everyone for the lovely comments.It feels really good.
    Deepti you are welcome to ask for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey sonia this so amaizing.like the way u use waterfall card mechanism

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey sonia this so amaizing.like the way u use waterfall card mechanism

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey sonia this so amaizing.like the way u use waterfall card mechanism

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice project and educational in the same time. Take a look on my blog, you have an award from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a super creative way to use a waterfall card, you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really great! Emilie said "Wow, it is perfect"! I'm sure it was a huge hit with Prisha's classmates too! Anything that is interactive is so much more exciting! Thank you for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How creative! I am sure your daughter will be a crafty girl like her Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is just superb.... u have used ur creativity here too ... I really liked it... all the mechanisms must have got the kids really excited... I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the concept! everything is adorable in the card..u haven't told how u manage ur profession and craft..i am still waiting to get tips from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aditi I do a project in bits and pieces as I dont get time to finish a card or craft in one go due to time constraint sometimes it takes even weeks to complete a project.If its a school project I finish the ground work at night and complete it in the day by involving my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is wonderful a great way to get the issues across making it fun but educational at the same time great idea
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my this is super fantastic. I love the time and effort you put into it. Most of all, Prisha will most likely be learning the skills rather quickly with the help of her crafty momma! Awesome chart!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  29. your blog is superb!!There are sooo many different crafts!!you are tremendously versatile..sorry for not dropping by often as am a little unwell these days

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! This is awesome! So many wonderful details. I also saw that you won on MIM. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. u r versatile.luv ur hardwork in this chart.nice blog.check me @
    http://varnam-addcolortolife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sonia, this is a very educational chart and I am sure your daughter is so proud of it. Maybe her teacher could have the class make one...if it isn't too time consuming. I'm sure they could help make some of the parts and the teacher help with the more complicated parts. Good teaching tool.

    ReplyDelete
  33. thnx sonia for ur motivating comments.it's my pleasure .

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow this is amazing! such valuable post this is!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous29/6/11

    Oh my!! such lovely work!! My daughter loves making charts and taking to school for every project or anything she learns.. Wish you lived near by .. I'd send her to learn a few things from you.. She would totally love you..

    Some days Im guilty coz I dont have the time to spend.. with work.. and then home work.. and other stuff... But such is life.. We do most things.. atleast..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW,WOW.What a wonderful chart!!You really are one great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This I my first year were my little angel needs to do a project on cleanliness
    Ur project gave me a great help to make her project
    Thank u Doc

    ReplyDelete
  38. very good charts!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is awesome... ur blog is the first place i landed now when we need to prepare for sushant project... beautiful!!! and inspiring work..
    Hope i would try some interactive chart..
    thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous18/7/17

    Wow! This is amazing!! I will make right now!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Superb.. Planning to make one not sure how to make aperture to show water in shower

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...