13.7.16

Simple DIY Minion Party

Minion Party
         Hi friends,  this May my daughter celebrated her 10th birthday and though she had told me months back that she wanted a minion themed party, as her birthday drew near I was in no way prepared as I had house guests and was juggling too many things to be in a position to plan an elaborate theme party! So I told her we would have a simple birthday party like most other kids in our layout and not a themed one!
       My daughter reluctantly agreed and I sighed a breath of relief but it was short lived, as soon we had "we are not doing anything for my birthday this year!" from a saaad doe eyed little girl and which mother would not give in!
         I had just 2 evenings amidst cooking , shopping, cleaning and taking care of my guests to whizz up some Minion Theme Magic for my kiddo and here is what we managed!!
Homemade Minion
        My kiddo wanted a 3 D minion she could carry....ooooh boy kids can be soooo specific and demanding!  She had envisioned a complicated "hours of fun working with mom" kinda project like we did to make the  Mummy for her Egyptian theme party.
Minion
          Fortunately  the "Gods of creativity" and "Guardians of stressed out mothers" took pity on me and blessed me with a brainwave! I spied the  cushions/bolsters on our sofa and the yellow curtains in our hall and hey presto ....within minutes a Minion was born!
       
Pillow Minion
           Yeah these 3 D Minions were sooo easy to make....just wrap the curtain around the cushion/ pillow, tuck all the loose curtain ends in and pin in place with lots of  safety pins .Cut a strip of chart paper to make the eye band and add some glitter foam eyes!
DIY Minion
         Our minions have the letter "P" instead of the official Minion G after my daughter's initial!
DIY Minion Party
        We also made lots of huge capsule style minions by pasting colored chart paper on recycled cardboard cartons. Dont you just love the cute mouth my daughter drew on the little minion below!
DIY Minion Party
           Our homemade Minion cake was a scrumptious chocolate cake with yellow and blue whipped cream- butter icing!! This was so easy as I had my mom to help me though I did have to make a mad dash to the local supermarket in the last minute to get the right biscuits for the eyes!! The cute red mouth is a candy!!
Minion Cake
My favorites and the hit of the party were our party favours.....little Minion Pens!
Minion Pens
We made around 50 of these Minions and  they were sooo easy and fun to make using foam .
Minion Party Favours
        My niece and daughter did most of the die cutting [ we used oval dies]...I just had to help hot glue the eyes and the Minions to strips of foam bands on the pen caps.
Minion Pens
The birthday girl hand drew all the cute smiles on the Minions and oooh was she proud of herself!
Minion Pens
         And that is the birthday girl with her Minions......and yeah  though we tried we couldn't get a  decent yellow birthday frock.....but as long as the birthday girl didn't mind all was good!
Minion Party
       Though this year's  birthday pales in comparison to all the elaborate props and decor we made for last year's  Frozen theme party  I am happy I could manage to keep the birthday girl happy!!
What do you think friends.....?

51 comments:

  1. Sonia, you really are a super mom that you managed to do everything from decor to the cake. Great effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic Minion makes here Sonia I love all your great ideas
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the kids had a great time!
    I loved it!
    Happy Birthday for your princess!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!
    this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable ! Such a cool party !
    Greetz
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow sonia....I think Minion themed things are in rage right now...I did a Minion thememd party favors this month and guess what they specifically asked for....Minion themed pompoms and a backdrop number in the same theme. Saw your post and had a flashback. i lobed those pen favors you did....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yes Minions are sooo popular! And such a wonderful theme for a crafter!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You are a Super Mother! Prisha's smile is showing her happiness with these minions!! So many of them & in different forms pillow, pens, decor, wow! & Yummy cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! This is so cool Sonia!! Love the 3D minion!! Very cute!! The minion pen favors are absolutely adorable!! The cute smile does make a difference!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great job Sonia..the minions look fabulous..love the pens and the cake is brilliant..must have been a fun and great day.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. AM AZE ING! you are so very creative Sonia, what a joy for your beautiful daughter on her birthday.
    Faiht
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure know how to decorate for a party. Looks awesome and those pens are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks like the most fun party, Sonia!! You did an amazing job with the Minions!! Wow!! You are so creative!! The cake looks delish!! Your daughter and niece did such a fabulous job with the pens!! This is awesome my friend!! And what a beautiful picture of Prisha!! That gorgeous smile is definitely worth all of the hard work!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. What I think?? That you are a SuperMom!! And Prisha is a SuperDoughter! :D
    Adorable minions themed party!!! The cushions have been a genial idea and LOVe the pens!! Fab cacke, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much Alice....I felt like crazy mom indeed some of those days!!

      Delete
  14. Awesome...pillow minions are looking so cute...happy birthday to little champ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deepti the pillow minions were sooo easy to make and looked super cute!

      Delete
  15. These are all fantastic. Great ideas. A party any child would just love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the decorations. You gave an idea for the decoration for my li'l ones birthday. Thank you so much Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tamizh....yes we had a simple party indeed ...I didnt go too overboard but managed to keep my little [oops no longer little]girl happy!

      Delete
  17. Just look at that beautiful smile! It was well worth every hurried moment! What a wonderful party you gave her, Sonya! She is growing up too quickly, and what a gorgeous young lady!!! Give her a birthday hug from Missouri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Thank you so much Patti...oh yes growing up very very fast....I cant even comb her hair now without getting a foot stool!!

      Delete
  18. When I saw the first photo the questioned popped in my mind was how did u make those 3d minions!!! That was a very clever idea. Even though you had little time you make a great party for your kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you really went to town in such a short space of time with the decorations and party favours! I'm not surprised Prisha looks so happy in the photo. The cake looked wonderful too. It's amazing what these doe-eyed children can make a mother do, we ended up with two cats instead of one and my 'kids' are in their twenties! I hope you can use your curtains again. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  20. N way pale ..but I think its most creative considering the short time you had.Pillow curtain minions are superb idea .Yes prisha has done done with the cardboard minions and cute pens too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, amazing, great work Super Mom!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sonia, you should get the best mom of the century award! Your minions are fantastic, including Prisha's artistic skills, and I love all the simple techniques you came up with, especially using your cushions and curtains. I'm sure they are now safely back where they belong. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable Doc, so love this. You should display it on Kit and Clowder as Alyce loves these little mites.
    I have candy if you are interested...xx
    http://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/box-of-candy.html

     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous creations for your daughters Party Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  25. AWESOME job on these!!!!!!!!!! For last minute ... you pulled off some AMAZING Minion goodies! LOVING it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!! You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous14/7/16

    Your decorations are adorable! Love your 3d Minions. Very creative. And what a happy birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just WONDERFUL! I love the cool and fun party decor!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! you sure did a good job in 2 days Sonia!! everything looks really fab and what a wonderful theme… love the cake and the minion pens! looks like you had one very happy daughter!! :-)
    Hope you are having a good week
    Love and hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like a great Minion birthday party. Very creative, those 3D Minions from a pillow and the Minion pens.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A totally Minion dedicated creations, dear Sonia, truly enough to make any birthday girl happy!!
    ... and her dress if not the right shade is ever so pretty what a happy smile!
    Thanks for popping over!
    Shaz in Oz.x #24

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW Sonia ji! What a set of brilliant ideas...Loved the cushion cover one...too cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, wow, wow! Such fun! I love the Minions!

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOL! What a great day for your daughter, Sonia! It's a pleasure seeing her beeming smile and obvious happiness! Gorgeous dress, by the way! Thanks for sharing your decorations and cake! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so very very jealous of your daughter! Lucky, lucky young lady. You are a marvel Dr Sonia! I love every single one of these and please send any unwanted minions to me Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow- she is growing up right before our eyes! I love her beautiful dress by the way. Love the cute minion ideas and the cake- yum, yum! The goodie pens are darling! She is lucky to have you as a Mother : )

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are all just too cute for words, as indeed is your daughter, she is beautiful. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely!! Gone are the days when I used to do all this stuff for my 3 kids. How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How adorable! You did a wonderful on all of your Minon creations!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! You did great job. Your daughter is so lucky. You managed everything . love all minions.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello friend!! :) WOW!! I just love love love this fun filled party with the minions!! You are so talented and what a great mom you are too!! Brilliantly done!! SENDING HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my gosh, you did a fabulous job on the decorations. I remember the frozen party from last year...but I really like this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh Dr. S, you are such a terrific mom! Tell your daughter that I love minions too and wish her a happy birthday from me!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  44. You did a brilliant job Sonia, I'm sure your daughter was delighted.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  45. So creative.......fabulous party decor! Your daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...